February 28, 2012

Trash Chute Fire Causes Evacuation

Chute Doctor firefighter
Colorado Springs, CA, December 10, 2010 KRDO.com -- Residents at Eagle Ridge Apartments on Vindicator Drive in Colorado Springs got an early wake up call Friday morning. Fire crews responded to alarms shortly before 2:00 AM. Residents were evacuated while crews figured out the cause of the smoke. Crews were able to quickly contain the fire, located in the trash chute of the building.1

This story illustrates the importance of annual fire door inspection and certification, and making sure all chute fire doors are always in good working order!

No comments:

Post a Comment